Bantry Development & Tourism Association
who we are and what we do
To promote Bantry as the heart of West Cork and the ideal base from which to explore it, and to promote the wider West Cork region to encourage holidaymakers to stay in West Cork.
We work closely with Failte Ireland, Tourism Ireland, Cork County Council, Pure Cork, Bantry Bay Port Company and local stakeholders to promote Bantry and West Cork, while also offering marketing support to new local businesses.
That Bantry and West Cork is the preferred destination of choice for travellers and holidaymakers to Ireland.
- Establish Bantry as the heart of West Cork and the ideal base from which to explore it
- Position Bantry as a ‘must see’ destination on the Wild Atlantic Way touring route
- Support the local economy by creating tourism attractions and opportunities while increasing and sustaining job creation
- Work in collaboration and partnership with local groups in Bantry and West Cork to establish Bantry and West Cork as a prime destination
- Protect our unique environment and local heritage
What We Do
Manage and run the Bantry Tourism Office, located on Wolfe Tone Square in Bantry. This is all run by our volunteers and we cover the running costs of the office.
Manage the Bantry website; www.bantry.ie and all Visit Bantry social media platforms
Organise numerous festivals and events eg. Bantry Walking Festival, Kupala Festival, BBQ Festival, Chief O’Neill Festival, St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Westlodge Fastnet Rally and The New Year Family Gathering.
Welcome all Cruise Line visitors to Bantry Bay in association with Bantry Port Company
Eileen O’Shea, Mick Cremin, Aiden McCarthy, Brigitte Shellswell White, Debbie Delaney, Danny Collins, Rita Kearney, Richard Harrington
Plan Your Visit to Bantry
How to Get Here
Bantry is located in southern Ireland at the heart of West Cork. It is part of the Wild Atlantic Way touring route and is surrounded by some of the most majestic landscapes in Ireland. It’s time to visit West Cork – it’s time to visit Bantry!